Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Helping Hand



This morning I had the joy of walking with two friends who I used to walk with years ago.  We ran into each other yesterday morning and they told me that they were still walking 5 days a week.  They invited to join them this morning.  We were walking a path that was not familiar to me so a few times they had to tell  me which way to turn. Twice I stumbled on the path and they held out a hand to  make sure I didn't  fall.  Just as we got to an icy patch, my friend, Sandy, warned me and I was able to step over it.

I began thinking about how important it is to connect with others when you are starting down a new path. You may have GPS but it won't be able tell you where the cracks in the path are or which icy patches to avoid.  This is especially critical for sports parents.  There are so many twists and turns along the way and it is important to come alongside people who have walked the path and can tell you have to successfully navigate it.

Sports Parents want their children to have the best chance to participate and excel in the sport that they choose.  If you have a child who is navigating the world of sports, make sure you connect with others who have been down that path and can help you avoid the bumps in the road and those who can tell you the best roads to take.  You will find they have a wealth of information to share.  Don't rely solely on a coach or one person to help you.  The more information you can gather, the better outcomes you will have.

Take time to connect with others and enjoy the journey!

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment