Wednesday, March 9, 2011

...And The AdDress Your Heart Blogger winner is...

JULIA  OF SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, CONGRATULATIONS !!



Julia shared her heart health story with us and won the drawing for a gift basket full of goodies from Campbell's Soup. Thank you to all who entered. Click below to read Julia's story.


My paternal grandfather died of a massive heart attack in 2003, my maternal grandmother died of a heart attack in 1985. Most of my mother's nine siblings have/had hypertension or heart disease. My husband has had hypertension for a while, and his father had hypertension and eventually died after multiple heart attacks. My mother in law has hypertension, as well as my sister, and a host of other relatives.

When my cousin, who is like a brother to me, was diagnosed with severe hypertension a few years ago, then diabetes this past year.

I have been diagnosed with sleep hypopnea and am adjusting to sleeping with a c-pap machine.

I am pleased to say that I have been a 5-day a week walker, sleep at least 8 hours daily, drink lots of water and am working on eating healthier. And have been given the clear sign for no hypertension, no high cholesterol, no diabetes, resolved anemia. I thank God for this clean bill of health, and can honestly say I credit this to my daily habits.

I would also like to encourage everyone who may be at risk to get a sleep study.

No comments:

Post a Comment