Friday, December 21, 2012

Remembering





This has been a week of so many emotions. On last Thursday I had just gotten my house decorated for Christmas.  My middle son, Joshua Alexander had just finished his last paper signifying his completion of all requirements to graduate from the University of Kansas and I was finally getting into the holiday spirit.  Then, I turned on the television Friday evening to discover that 20 children and 6 adults had been murdered in a horrific incident in Newtown, Connecticut.  

There are no words to describe a feeling a mom has when any child dies.  But it really leaves you numb when  such a senseless thing occurs.  So many emotions washed over me and now I am left with a profound sadness for those who are left to deal with this madness.  

I am always touched by the love and concern that surround communities when tragedy occurs.  Each day there have been reports of what people are doing to make sure the memory of the 26 who perish lives on. 

It is my prayer that something good comes out of all of this.  I am can only imagine how difficult it to have conversations with your small children.  Please take a moment to review this post at Sideline Pass that helps address the questions that you may be confronted with: http://www.sidelinepass.com/eight-tips-for-answering-questions-about-sandy-hook-elementary-school/

At this moment I am praying for the families in Newtown and hugging my boys just a little tighter as I am reminded just how fragile life is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment